The Kingston upon Thames Society co-ordinates the Heritage Open Days across the Royal Borough.
The Society, founded in 1962, is Kingston’s major voluntary and independent organisation concerned with planning and conservation. The Society engages in a wide range of public events and behind-the-scenes activitiesTo represent the interests of townspeople and to encourage public participation in issues affecting the future of our town.
These activities include:
- Monthly public meetings with a guest speakers on topics of local interest
- A newsletter for members three times a year
- Society representation on meetings of local conservation and planning bodies
- Visits to buildings of interest, and outings to historic towns
- Co-ordination of the borough’s Heritage Open Days programme
- Townscape Awards for new buildings of distinction
- Guardianship of Coombe Conduit, one of Kingston’s oldest building.
To find out more about the Kingston upon Thames Society visit our website.
To join the Society
Membership costs £10 per year, or £15 for couples.
Just print off the membership form, fill in the details, add a cheque payable to The Kingston upon Thames Society, and send it to:
Hon Treasurer, The Kingston upon Thames Society
5 Holyhead Court, Anglesea Road
Kingston upon Thames KT1 2ES